Sunday, August 24, 2008



My beloved grandfather Peter Mursell died last night and I think my small tribute to him will be to raise his online profile to something that better reflects the profile he had in life.

I have started a blog which everyone who knew him can contribute to and my cousin has started a Facebook group, but any other ideas for raising his online profile would be very welcome.

Love this photo as it sums up my grandfather' character so well. This spring, aged 97, he decides to take up vegetable gardening and typically has a plentiful crop of healthy veg in his first year, using the unconventional tyre method!

2 comments:

* berzy * said...

Hi Phoebe

my symphaty goes to you and your family for your loss of your grandfather Peter.

Is your Mursell Family part of the Mursell Family of the Isle of Wight?.

My great grandmother was Frances Mary Mursell b 1826 daughter of Nicholas Mursell and Ann Atwell of Newport IOW and Northwood IOW.

Best Regards

Bill in Melbourne Aust.

I like your photo of Peter.

Phoebe Bright said...

Thanks for you post. I believe the Mursell's are all related, though distantly. There is a blog for Peter with posts from distant relations at http://petermursell.blogspot.com.