Sunday, November 4, 2007

Barclays again

Need to urgently transfer back some money to my cousin, so went to barclays.co.uk

So I don't have the pin to go with the card sentry thing that the online banking system wants, so I click on "No got your card sentry?" link and it asks for my date of birth and connect card details. So I go out to the car and get my wallet and the card and fill in the details and it says "If you want access to accounts then please call us on 0845 600 2323*"!!!!! So what exactly was the point of entering that data?  

I am writing this as I am on hold for the number above.  Apparently all the advisors are busy as demand for this service is extremely high at the moment.   What a surprise.
.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Still holding.
.
.
.
.
.
.
It's 21:02 on a sunday.  I wonder if the long wait is due to a lots of frustrated people trying to use online banking or that barclays call centre staff are sensibly at home on a sunday.
.
.
.
.
.
.
Can Barclays get away with this because
a) most people are too lazy/busy to change their bank.
b) other banks provide a similar service
c) customers have run  up huge loans/overdrafts with barclays that no other bank would take on
d) Barclays are actually better than other banks
.
.
.
.
.
.
So if I hang up now will I have a longer and more expensive call tomorrow morning?
.
.
.
.
.
"We are sorry for keeping me waiting."
.
.
.
.
Just worked out how to use Leopard spaces.  Cool.  I going to have one space just or mail.
.
.
.
21:15 I give up.  Not going to have my Sunday ruined by another Barclays frustration.
.
.
To be continued (unfortunately)....


Blogged with Flock

No comments: