If you agree that tomorrow is likely to be much more energy constrained, this opens a wide range of opportunities for towns ready to grab them:
- Build a combined heat and power plant for the town providing cheaper heat and electricity and making it an attractive town for both residents and business.
- Develop as a centre for repair and remanufacture of goods - the trend towards repairs is already starting with companies like claimtracker in the UK
- Become a centre for low energy holidays such as walking and cycling with a range of quality resteraunts and other activies in the town.
- Develop a biogas plant to turn sewerage from a cost into a resource
- Install micro-hydro plants in the local rivers and stream
- Develop as a centre for small businesses who want to do work remotely by providing high quality video conferencing facilities that small groups could not currently afford.
- Build the first FabLab in Ireland and stimulate innovation and entrepreneurship in the town.
Read all 18 pages here: